It has already started my children are constantly reminding me that its "Pancake Day" on Tuesday. So what are your favourite toppings? Here are a list of ours.
1. Nutella - This is a must for the eldest
2. Maple Syrup - Middle child says its the best
3. Golden Syrup - Youngest choice probably not the healthiest but he only adds a little
4. Lemon with Sugar - Mum's choice
Always a bit tricky on a school morning so my tip would be to make the mixture the night before and stick it in the fridge or go to the shop and buy some pre made batter.
We all like scotch pancakes and these are very simple to make. This is our favourite recipe.
- 1 tablespoon baking powder.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1¼ cups milk.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour.
- butter for frying.